Romeo and Juliet, posters
No I haven’t. I remember this being mentioned sometime ago, though? Maybe I will watch it someday along with the few other R&J adaptations I haven’t seen yet. =)
Perhaps, I mean even for the sake of seeing Olivia and Leonard reunited again I feel like I have to bring some of that content here for nostalgia sake lol. But since it is, in fact, a Romeo & Juliet inspired story then I don’t mind featuring it on the blog from time to time like I do for other loose R&J adaptations (Shakespeare in Love, West Side Story, etc.)
holy crap, it’s true
at first I thought it was just wishful thinking but apparently this is actually happening. (for those who might not know, I underlined India Eisley as well since she’s Olivia’s daughter)
Thanks for the heads up! (and to the other anon who sent a similar msg a few days ago)
basically i just hate when people say stuff like “romeo and juliet’s not a love story!!!! they’re stupid and like eight people die because of them!!!” mainly bc:
- it is a love story! they’re too teenagers who fall in love and sure it’s a little silly and naive and hormonal but it is a love story. they’re normal teenagers and it’s a passionate teenage love affair and it’s fairly accurate tbh
- the deaths are not their fault!!!!!! romeo and juliet (and everyone else who dies in the play) are all victims of the ridiculous feud between the montagues and the capulets. the play isnt saying “oh stupid teenagers getting themselves and others killed!!! they were stupid to love each other and to kill themselves”. they are driven to their actions (including suicide) bc they’re families are arseholes!! the play is all about pointless feuds between old men destroying the innocence of young love.
- like their love for each other isnt the only thing that leads to their fates?? well i mean it is their main motivation but it’s also demonstrative of breaking free of their ridiculous social constraints bc of THE POINTLESS FEUD. they’re defying a bunch of old men who are trying to tell them how to live their lives bc of years old feuds.
- idk it just seems like the cool thing these days is to be like “oh romeo and juliet isnt a love story” and it’s used so much to shit on people (read: teenage girls) who are like “i want a love like romeo and juliet” and what’s wrong with that they did love each other (or were at least very infatuated with each other) what’s wrong with wanting that???
- it’s definitely just used so much to shit on teenage girls and TEENAGERS HAVING FEELINGS!!! R+J IS ALL ABOUT TEENAGERS HAVING FEELINGS AND EVERYONE WANTS TO DISMISS THEM FOR BEING “STUPID” ALL THE TIME OH MY GOD JUST LET TEENAGERS HAVE FEELINGS SHUT THE FUCK UP
- but yeah people just seem to do it to seem cool or edgy or some shit
idk r+j seems like a play tumblr could really love since it’s about two people trying to defy totally ridiculous controls being put on their lives by old men……………..
Romeo and Juliet, 1936
Gaetano Previati -The Kiss of Romeo and Juliet